Sunday, March 9, 2014

Update on my snowboarding trip

So here's my update on my snowboarding experience. We went to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany for the weekend last month and stayed at Edelweiss. It was a beautiful little area and we were able to go on a few tours including the Neuschwanstein Castle.

The weather sucked. It was nearly non-existent so the mountain did not have much snow. The higher we went the better the snow, but some of the lower areas were basically dirt. The ride to get up to the higher areas was nerve-racking. I don't like heights, but thankfully we didn't take very many trips.

I fell plenty of times, but I had a ton of fun. I was with a group of 4 others, all pretty experienced snowboarders and skiers, but I was able to keep up for the most part. There were so many incredibly steep areas, and their Easy sections were not as easy as I would have liked.

I haven't learned very much, and my feet still don't get it, but at least I've figured out how to stay on my feet for longer runs. I wish we were able to go more often this winter, but I'm looking forward to next year.

-Brooke Coty

No comments:

Post a Comment