Sunday, March 2, 2014

Brain on overload

So the Army decided to send me to school for almost 30 days which has been very stressful. I have been trying to manage keeping up with my school assignments as well as the assignments the school requires me to do. The school is designed to develop future leaders for the Army and we have a crazy schedule. I have been getting up at 0500 every morning and the earliest I have been able to leave the classroom was 2000. On top of that the computers there will not let me post my school assignments because the computers’ Java updates are somehow not working. I have been very stresses the last two weeks trying to maintain good grades in both schools. The one thing I learned from these last two weeks, is how to maintain good time management. The first week was very hard because everything was new, but I have been doing better in the second week. The funny thing is, we do not even have internet access in the building we sleep in, and I have to go outside with my laptop in order to post any of my school assignments. The good thing is, that I actually printed my syllabus, so I just sit in my room and do all my assignments on a word document first and then I go outside and post them to the conferences and assignments folder. At first it was a real hassle but I think I have it figured out now. Hopefully next time I am enrolled I do not get sent to a school at the same time :)

2 comments:

  1. Harper #2


    Difficulty
    Interaction with some people can be difficult for reasons that escape me
    I to put myself in everyone I deal with’s place try to understand where they are coming form
    There are times when I have no way of understanding what is in a person’s mind
    I chose a vocation that is in the service of others so my whole purpose in life is to take care of people
    I am the only person here that performs my vocation and take pride in it
    Helping is what drives me I like making a situation better
    I can’t see how people do not want
    How can you want to be unpleasant to people that are trying to help you or just trying to do their job
    I want to understand; maybe they want people to perform under pressure
    Maybe they have pressures you don’t see
    I’m not sure I’m just here to get you well and turn in reports
    How are you today? How are you feeling? What’s wrong with you!?
    I know there is good in there somewhere
    I know it can’t feel good to be in turmoil
    Your emotions are you
    Make yourself better I will help you

    harper2





    ReplyDelete
  2. The Final Stretch
    The final stretch during almost any event in life can be the longest, most painful experience. In sports during the fourth quarter in basketball or football, the body is fully depleted of all its energy and begins to run on nothing but fumes. During the final leg in track races, the eyes begin to play tricks on the mind making the straight away seem like an endless road. In school, the workload seems to increase the most in the last weeks of class making it difficult for one to continue. The word final means absolute last, ending, no longer continuing. So one must look deep into their hearts and find that drive to give them the boost need to climb over that little hump. One must always realized that you have worked so hard to get to this point. It would be a waste of time, money and energy just to quit and give up. Not only would you be letting yourself down, but also you will be letting down the people who have supported you through this time. If you ever feel the need to quit during this stretch, think about those who have doubted you how you will be proving them right. This will serve as much needed built up determination. There is always an award when accomplishing a goal no matter if it isn’t a material thing. Just think that about all the hard work you have done to complete this task at hand and how it has made you stronger. The Final Stretch is possible for anyone to complete.
    -Jackie Lee

    ReplyDelete