Thursday, February 27, 2014

Smells Like Rain

The darkness of the world I feel
the world I am a part of
Has closed out the way to my soul
It's harder and harder to feel real love

The height of the mountains,
the depth of the oceans
all contribute to the fact that
people fear sincere devotion

When it comes to being one
with the one you truly love
they see it as coming from here below OR
coming from Him above

While it is neither
and both all the same
The fear is what drives them
it drives them all insane

They lose grip on reality
they begin to go blind
they don't know what love is
Making it that much harder to find.

"I don't know if I love you anymore"
they say "If you are close to me,
I admire you, and adore you
But 'love' is too strong for me."

It hurts to hear the one you love
tell you they don't love you anymore
then tell you sometime down the road
it may be more than just "adore"

To smile and move on
is something we all must learn
for when we do not move on
we will surely burn

It may not be long
it may not be short at all
but either way it will hurt
and nothing we can do... but fall

I fear the future,
as I look out life's window pane
I stare into the grey-toned sky
.... it smells like rain.

Rain that stops progress
that I worked so hard to achieve
work that others close
seem to not believe

Rain that washes away pain
washes away fear,
rain that makes way for truth
as I stand looking here

it floods the very place I stand
my socks begin to soak
filling up my pails
and weighing down my yoke

I look into the sky
as the rain drops hit my face
finally i begin to wonder
have i found my place?

the fear that I am feeling
is it all from pain?
Search for an answer in the grey toned sky
..... it smells like rain.

3 comments:

  1. Spain and The Lack of Hygiene

    Hygiene in Spain during 14th century was not on their to do list every day. The people just didn't understand how important it was and how to go about doing hygiene activities. The people didn't have any products to conduct good hygiene with also. Even how they lived was nasty, the streets had trenches going through the middle of them that held the human and animal waste. Most of the homes didn't have a suitable place to use the restroom. A waste dump was not possible for them because it would take away from the city. The Spaniards didn't have the technology that we do now to dispose of their waste and to create ways of cleaning themselves. So when people became sick because of the dirty way of life it was also impossible to treat them with no technology. When the Black Plague came in 1348 it tore through the people and gave them large lumps on their bodies and caused them to vomit blood and most of the people who got the disease died in a few days (25 million People died). Peter the Cruel died from the disease and also businesses were ended because there employees were all sick.

    Devin Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holocaust

    I have for as long as I can remember have known about the Holocaust well some what about the Holocaust. I knew that people died and other people killed them. My wife and I traveled to Amsterdam in November for two days and I wanted to go to Anne Frank’s house because someone told me that it was cool. When we got there we had to wait for about 30 minutes and then we entered. The house was set up so that we went from room to room and then to the next floor. The house is still in the condition as they left it so many years ago. I did know what to expect or what to think. The Anne Frank house was the most amazing placed that I have ever seen. It really changed my life in many ways. One of my favorite quotes by Anne is “It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideas, because they seems absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.” I understand now, well somewhat what the holocaust was and what Anna Frank stood for.

    Devin Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Jews were accepted by some and hated by most and it wasn't really because of their religion but mainly because of the thing that they could do and how intelligent they were. The Jews were craftsmen in many different activities like: tailors, weavers, cobblers, and etc. In Aragon some Jews were even royal judges. Sexual relations and intermarriages between Jews and Christians were happening and was very frowned on. Some of the Kings and queens were even mixed blood like Ferdinand of Aragon the husband of Isabella. Almost everyone that was sick would seek out a Jewish physician but hated the fact that they were very intelligent and wealthy. The royal power sustained because of the Jewish industry and money. The King of France expelled the Jews in the masses from his area but they found refuge in Spain. In 1215 the Jews were ordered the wear badges to make them standout from the Christians, but this was appealed by Ferdinand to the Pope to suspend the decision. It wasn't until late into the Middle Ages that the Jews and the Moors were accepted as an integral element of Castilian life and it was through this mixture of these cultures that a single alloy was formed, Hispanic.











    ReplyDelete